View Single Post
Old 14.04.2010, 21:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 164 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Executor for a British will, resident in Switzerland: Possible?

Yes it's possible and all above board.

If you're thinking of yourself when it comes to executing a loved one's last will, say no. If you love the person and are willing to accept the task they ask of you - as well as the potential riches / costs you may encounter - ask their solicitor to send you the forms, sign them and return without objection.

I see it as rather an honour to be asked. Whether there's anything material in it for me is neither here nor there, but it would be unusual not to be included in any potential pot. Someone who trusts me to deal with their estate - including dealing with potential dementia / illness / eventual death and the subsequent support of their dependents - is a bit like being a Godparent: one accepts it as an honour and it strengthens familial / fillial / societal bonds. Or am I missing the point?