View Single Post
Old 18.08.2006, 07:41

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
BacchusWines has no particular reputation at present
Re: Looking for wine distributors...

Hi Jack and thanks for your reply, these are excellent points and I was aware of the issues regarding hiring and AHV etc. and of course anyone who applies needs to have the proper permit. My intention is to share the profits with independent distributors on a commission basis. Although this type of employment is usually not practiced here in Switzerland it is quite common in the US. It can work very well and affords very flexible hours.
Thanks again, Ed

Quote:
Ed,

As a suggestion, you may want to be a bit more clear on how this post reads... By asking for sales people, there is an implication that you want to hire individuals for your company, and I'm sure you realize there are Swiss laws regarding minimum base salaries, paying AHV, etc. Perhaps you should insert the word 'independent' into your posting, unless of course you are looking to actually hire someone...

Second, independent distributors also need to comply with permit requirements, which I'm sure you will mention to those who reply. But for those who don't know, there is already quite a bit about that topic in this forum (use the search feature to find out more about businesses and permits)... You could get a hefty fine by Swiss authorities by hiring (even independent I'm told) individuals without proper work permits...

It's great to see independent businesses in Switzerland doing well... Best of luck to you and your expansion plans...

Jack