View Single Post
Old 19.04.2010, 20:56

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
saharanz has an excellent reputationsaharanz has an excellent reputationsaharanz has an excellent reputationsaharanz has an excellent reputation
Re: Chocolate (chip) Muffins

Here's mine:
Double Chocolate Muffins.
It comes from the Marvellous Muffins book from NZ. I've made it lots of time here and always comes out delish.

1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup caster sugar (I just use regular sugar)
1/4 cup cocoa

100 g butter (if I'm feeling stingy or don't have enough butter I substitute the butter for 75ml of vegetable oil and add an extra egg because butter is so expensive here. They still come out great)
1 egg
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

1/4 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Melt the butter, add the remaining liquid ingredients and mix until smooth.
Add the combined liquids to the dry ingredients and fold together until the flour is dampened, but not smooth.

Divide the mixture between 12 medium sized muffin pans that have been well greased or use paper muffin wrappers. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips before baking if desired.

Bake @ 200C for 10-12 minutes or until centres spring back when pressed lightly. Leave to stand in the pans for about 3 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack.

I just throw everything in the bowl at once and stir a bit. I don't muck around with separating dry and wet. I also like to add some frozen raspberries or/and use berry yoghurt.

Last edited by saharanz; 19.04.2010 at 21:26.
This user would like to thank saharanz for this useful post: