View Single Post
Old 07.05.2010, 19:41

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
picpoc has no particular reputation at present
Re: Will I have to pay a large customs charge for bringing lots of food in my suitcas

Quote:
View Post
Sorry I am going to have to be a little blunt as there will be no other way of saying this: if you are planning to live here, life will be rather difficult if you insist on sticking to certain brands from home. Those items that you have mentioned can be easily found in the Japanese shop here in Zürich as well as certain Asian supermarkets.

Price wise, everything here will be much more expensive than everywhere else, but seriously, contrary to popular belief, Asian foods here are not exhorbitantly priced at all.

My best advice to you is just to bring a small amount to help curb the homesickness a bit, if you really must. A fellow EF member does a "foods of the world" shopping trip once a month or so where she takes everyone who signed up around all the Asian shops here in Zürich. Sign up for that, and I am positive that you will be able to find the exact brand or similar.

Sorry I dont know the charges you can expect for custom duty. Just be prepared for the possibility of them being confiscated.
Your recommendation makes sense. Thank you so much for your kind reply.

I will look for that "foods of the world" shopping trip after I arrive.