View Single Post
Old 20.05.2010, 09:31
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
question_tennant has no particular reputation at present
Re: Landlord refuses to fix mold problem in apartment

Thank you for your replies. Our apartment consists of a basement where we have our laundry facilities (no mold there), ground floor (no mold) and the 1st floor where the 4 bedrooms are located. We open the windows every day to air out the apartment. The problem is due to poor ventilation (concrete does not breathe as well as bricks). We are treating the mold with a product once a month. The issue for me is, is that we pay a huge amount of money for rent and the landlord is always so slow and neglectful in resolving any issues. We had problems with the heating during the winter and it took him a month to resolve it. My family and I all had colds as a result of this. So i remain polite, but he clearly is just very neglectful. I will try the mediator in our commune to see if that will help. I should mention that the tenants in the same building, located on the opposite side have exactly the same issue. The bought humidifiers. I feel strongly that this should be at the cost of the landlord and not ours.