View Single Post
Old 24.05.2010, 21:39

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jack_P has no particular reputation at present
Too generic or too stupid [trying to obtain visa for Indian citizen]

Hello,

I apologize if the question is too basic or rather too stupid, but I'm fed up with all the research I did on this and the Forum is my holy grail. I live in the UK (non-EU passport holder) but work for an American IT company remotely. The company is in fact a small establishment and the folks from the travel department have little to no knowledge on immigration and visa processing. They have a client in Basel and I'm supposed to be working for this oppurtunity from Basel. The trouble is Visa processing, they have no clue where to start.

I did some research on their behalf and managed to get some answers from the Swiss embassy in London. They came back with two options - 1)either the employer should apply for an authorization from Federal Office Of Migration (FOM) located in Basel or 2) I can furnish the documents directly to the Swiss embassy and go from there.

I tried contacting FOM office several times before, but either my call is forwarded here and there and no one answers or I get mixed responses. So I went with option 2 and was provided the attached PDF. But I'm kinda getting sceptical about this whole process. Can anybody please confirm whether I'm going in the correct path?

Also Is there any website where I can get the complete information documented? I mean literally every detail documented starting from Ground Zero.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Swiss Workpermit.pdf (73.2 KB, 381 views)