View Single Post
Old 26.05.2010, 12:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 93 Times in 65 Posts
Thanked 3,908 Times in 1,561 Posts
Snoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When is Baden not Baden? (that is the question) split from house to rent in Baden

Quote:
View Post
I just don't want people to think that looking for a place because they work in Baden, excludes them from looking "outside" Baden, which would mean a short walk or an even shorter bus ride away.
In this respect I agree with you. There are many places that are not Baden but are within easy reach with cheaper rents and, depending on your family circumstances (kids / no kids) a better lifestyle. Whilst places like Mellingen, Fislisbach, Turgi etc are definitely not Baden, they are well within the catchment area, or, if you enjoy a view and don't mind paying for it you can head up towards Bellikon (and stations in between such as Remetschwil). I lived in Bellikon when I first moved here and enjoyed seeing sun when I got up in the morning. Taking the bus into Baden was a bit like being in a plane coming in to land through the clouds...

I guess that wherever one moves one tries to move to a community that, in as many ways as possible matches one's own background and lifestyle. The canton publishes statistics which lay out the demographics of each Gemeinde including where people tend to work (by sector), average incomes, etc. It makes interesting reading and while it should not be the determining factor alone in deciding where to live, it may at least be a useful tool in assessing in which direction to look. Without being a snob at all, but just looking to live in a community where one feels at home.