View Single Post
Old 29.05.2010, 09:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 344 Times in 234 Posts
Thanked 11,570 Times in 3,990 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Working as Freelancer from Home

Quote:
View Post
I believe she can simply start invoicing her clients in her own name. She just needs to keep track of every expense and income. She can receive payments in private bank account (paypal, etc.) and when we file our usual end-of-the-year tax returns, she declares everything there. This goes till she earns more than (I think) 75K CHF. After which, she must register it as an Einzelfirma, etc. Is this understanding correct?

Further questions:
1. Does she need any AHV registration? If yes, where to order it?
2. Does she need to apply for any kind of selbstädigarbeit permission, in addition to her already existing work permission? She went to Gemeinde but (I fear) they did not understand completely and gave her the forms to apply for work permission.
  1. This has been covered here a number of times before and you'll learn more by searching the forums with the search function.
  2. She will need to be registered as self-employed. This can be done at your local tax office by filling in a form and supplying a couple of invoices and quotations.
  3. Once accepted, she will be charges AHV - social contributions - based on the previous year's net income.
  4. You/she will need to ask for and complete the Hilfsblatt A supplement to the tax form where all income and expenses can be shown.
  5. The CHF75,000 now to be 100,000 refers to the level before you need to be registered for VAT

Fed up of smoking? 10 tips to quit in 10 days