View Single Post
Old 29.05.2010, 09:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 161 Posts
Thanked 7,035 Times in 3,141 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Working as Freelancer from Home

I just remembered another point on the services/body shopping type businesses:

If you operate as an independent or via your own company you are required to get a special licence from the Kanton and this requires a bond of 50K from what I remember. I can't remember the rules on this one, but think it is required if you spend more than a few days on site per month with the client, take instruction for the client and so on....

Again this is another reason why even people with their own company choose to go over a third party rather than directly to the client as the bond is difficult to get unless you are willing to lodge 50K at 0% with the bond issuer. Most of the agencies have special rates for this kind of thing depending on if they find you the client or if you have the client already and just want to make use of their bond certificate.

It is years ago since I had to set up all this stuff, so perhaps there is someone up here who has been through the process more recently.

Good luck with that,

Jim