View Single Post
Old 30.05.2010, 06:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 206 Times in 183 Posts
Thanked 18,806 Times in 7,663 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Working as Freelancer from Home

Quote:
View Post
...If you operate as an independent or via your own company you are required to get a special licence from the Kanton and this requires a bond of 50K from what I remember....
Depends on the Canton. Not required for "one-man GmbH" in BS or BL. They've worked out that being able to give some money to the employees in case of company failure is pretty moot when there is only one employee.

Unless you've multiple (3 in BS/BL) clients, you cannot be self-employed. Your options are to set up a GmbH (20'000CHF seed money into the company + ~5'000CHF set up costs), or being an agency employee. Even with the GmbH route, you can end up going via an agency. ( I worked direct for one client for two years, then their lawyers got antsy and now I work through an agency. I get paid more quickly mind).