View Single Post
Old 31.05.2010, 16:52
rpf's Avatar
rpf rpf is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hüntwangen/ZH
Posts: 369
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 111 Times in 85 Posts
rpf is considered knowledgeablerpf is considered knowledgeablerpf is considered knowledgeable
Re: Unfallversichrung (accident insurance), who has to pay for this?

Accident insurance is a dual system: "Betriebsunfall" (accidents at work) and "Nichtbetriebsunfall" (accidents off work). The employer is obliged to pay the premiums for Betriebsunfall but NOT for Nichtbetriebsunfall. Decent employers pay both premiums. I don't know about "Lohnausfall" that should be part of the accident insurance. Some insurers don't pay salary compensation from day one of an accident. To cover these first unpaid days of an accident employers are free to insure that risk as well.
Reply With Quote