View Single Post
Old 01.06.2010, 09:34
Posts: n/a
Re: Unfallversichrung (accident insurance), who has to pay for this?

Employers have to pay for accident insurance for loss of earnings from the 4th day and for the first 6 months, usually this means they pay into the SUVA scheme, whom pay out only 80% of your salary, and this government scheme SUVA does not pay any salary for the first 3 days.

You can take out private insurance to cover these 3 days but it is expensive. Your health insurance representative can give you some free and neutral advice, the health companies will also sell you accident insurance. Switzerland is the most over insured country in the world, so you might want to take a step back and think about simply putting some money away for a rainy day and save yourself the premiums.

If you stop work, or you are a housewife, you must get accident insurance, usually via the medical insurance.

The boring stuff is here

View Post
dear all,

my employer has been always deduct the unfallversichrung and the lohnausfall versichrung from my salary on a monthly basis, and today someone told me that its employer's obligation that they have to cover the premium of the 2 above mentioned insurance,

can anybody here confirm this? and would be great if you can tell from which law i can trace in order to talk to my company?

best regards
You are probably paying the employer for the extra insurance covering the first 3 days. Best to ask your employer.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post: