View Single Post
Old 01.06.2010, 15:12
kompile15 kompile15 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kompile15 has no particular reputation at present
Residency permit and independent income


I have read through the forums here a bit, but I couldn't find any information about my exact situation. I apologize in advance if there are other threads about this, I just didn't find them.

So I am American and I have a Swiss girlfriend, and we are trying to find a way for me to stay in Switzerland for longer than my 3 month tourist visa allows. I am employed through my father's company and I have the ability to work for him in Switzerland and to have a stable income. My girlfriend's father also has an apartment in Basel which he is willing to rent to me. My question is this: is it possible to obtain a residency visa if I can prove that I have enough money each month to pay for my living expenses?

My other question is this: I read in a few different threads that it is possible to obtain a student visa if I am attending a language school in Switzerland. Is this actually true, and if so, can anybody who has successfully done this explain the process to me?

I really appreciate any help that you guys can give me.

Reply With Quote