View Single Post
Old 04.06.2010, 11:22
Forum Legend

Groaned at 303 Times in 259 Posts
Thanked 22,575 Times in 8,181 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Starting Salary for Foreigner -- not THAT kind of thread

Quote:
View Post
Just to put things in context: I am 29, have an MA in Economics from a top British University, have technical experience and training in the Nuclear Medicine field, 3 years related work experience in marketing and business development and am fluent in Spanish, German and Russian.

They have offered me 4,000 Swiss Francs per month with no mention of providing healthcare. Thankfully, I've not yet signed a contract but the original salary discussed now seems like a proper insult.
First of all: A great thank you for doing your homework and not making one of those hundreds of threads "is 4k a good salary?"...

I would be careful with most of the online resources on salaries, but 4k is nothing short of a joke. The industry you mention typically pays well and with your education and experience I would expect you to make in Zurich something between 80 and 120k CHF a year. I made it a very wide band as a lot will depend on the individual company. I have seen people with the same age and work experience making significantly more, but very few with a relevant degree and work experience making less than 80k.
The following 4 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post: