View Single Post
Old 04.06.2010, 14:02
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 26 Times in 16 Posts
HTD has a reputation beyond reputeHTD has a reputation beyond reputeHTD has a reputation beyond reputeHTD has a reputation beyond reputeHTD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Starting Salary for Foreigner -- not THAT kind of thread

Quote:
View Post
If you say so. Technically speaking, it is essentially project management, which should evolve into something larger once the holding gets going. The term "upper management" is not appropriate in my particular situation. I have no direct reports at present but would, according to management, eventually need some assistance. I think the fact that I am young, energetic and open is precisely the reason why they approached me.

Let's not get caught up in semantics or technicalities and engage in skeptical forum-fencing. Initially, I was reluctant to provide any information about myself or my salary for fear of wasting time doing just...well, what I'm doing right now!

I wrote with an open-mind and truly wanted to (only) say "stand up for yourself, do your homework and take accountability for your own involvement in your professional dealings" -- particularly when dealing with the subject of moving abroad, in this case Switzerland.

I digress: Yes, the salary is crap.
90-110k and point out the following 1.) you work more hours in CH, 2.) the additional costs are low (you cost the company 125% of your salary, in Germany 147%) 3.) you can be sacked quicker and less chance for recourse