View Single Post
Old 10.06.2010, 18:50

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
travnett has earned the respect of manytravnett has earned the respect of manytravnett has earned the respect of many
Power of attorney on flat

Hi, so I am in quite a predicament at the moment. I have just been offered a dream job working in South Africa for an initial of 3 month's but more than likely a year. The problems I am faced with is that I have to be able to fly to South Africa this Sunday (very short notice I know) I have given my notice on my flat and my move out date is the 30th June, I rang my rental agency to ask if it is possible for my friend who lives with me (but is not on my agreement but they know he lives there) to handle the handover with them but they said NO that I MUST be there for it.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can give power of Attorney to my flat mate to move out, I have other people lined up to clean my flat and move my stuff, everything is sorted except for the hand over of the flat.

At the moment I am unemployed here and on the RAV so this would really be great for me if I could do this.

Any info would be great.