View Single Post
Old 17.07.2007, 22:48
John Mc's Avatar
John Mc John Mc is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 51
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
John Mc has no particular reputation at present
Tax position for short term UK contract

Dear Forum,

I am here on a B permit and I pay tax directly every month from my salary. Therefore I do not file a tax return here.

I am going back to the UK for six weeks to work and was wondering how I can have that income taxed here and not in the UK. Is this possible? Does anybody know how this works, for example, with tax codes etc as I won't have a p45 and will probably have to pay tax at the higher 'emergency rate'. It isn't going to be a bundle, but I just want to keep as much of what I will earn as possible...

Any advice or pointers to suitable threads welcome.


Reply With Quote