View Single Post
Old 18.07.2007, 00:12
John Mc's Avatar
John Mc John Mc is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 51
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
John Mc has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tax position for short term UK contract

Dear AbFab,

Yes it will be PAYE from a University.

Using my tax-free allowance will probably be the best option. However, I haven't contacted the UK tax authorities or made any returns since leaving University in the early 90s. I am a little afraid of what might crop up. Probably groundless as apart from the odd job while a student I have never been employed in the UK. I suppose, though it was my responsibility to inform them that I wasn't living/earning in the UK?

Any advice? Or should I just start with an emergency tax code and see what happens?


Last edited by John Mc; 18.07.2007 at 08:29.
Reply With Quote