View Single Post
Old 12.06.2010, 16:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 332 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 11,715 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Restaurants in Ticino - grotto fun

Quote:
View Post
Thanks.

If we go to Lugano, rather than Locarno as we did this time, that will be useful.
Lugano is much nicer than Locarno, more small town wise and less upscaled village. The "Capone" is typically Locarnese.

You mentioned Bellinzona. Last time I was there was on a late Sunday afternoon on my return journey. And it was there, in a nice Bistro, when I heard over the radio they had on, that Switzerland had approved Schengen/Dublin .. surprise victory in fact. I ordered another glass and when the "chief" looked askingly told him "Viva Micheline Calmy-Rey" and he smilingly brought round the other glass. I don't know his opinion but had the impression that he shared mine but was not so sure about his fellow Ticinesi ! Since then, Bellinzona to me is the place of the "Schengen/Dublin miracle"

in reality a result of the very hard work of Mrs Micheline Calmy-Rey