View Single Post
Old 13.06.2010, 20:59

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Harriet and Patrick has earned the respect of manyHarriet and Patrick has earned the respect of manyHarriet and Patrick has earned the respect of many
MTB in Davos Klosters - Tourist office promoting MTB this year

Thought I'd let people know that the tourist office here in Davos Klosters is focusing on MTB this year. They have done the following things:

Commissioned a Single Trail bike map of the area to replace the old Bike Explorer one it's 1:50,000 scale so covers a bigger area although some detail is lost (the Bike Explorer one was 1:40,000), but now routes like the Duranpass and the Kesch Hutte are included on one map.

Updated a lot of the maroon signs and having been riding the last month or so, I think it's a vast improvement.

Built (or building) a new freeride route from the Gotschnagrat

Added new routes like the Altezugenschlucht to the signs (I did this last week and it's pretty cool - loads of single trail) and a tour on Pischa which I can't wait to try. Plus they have added a Bergbahnen tour which looks intense.

They have brought out a free (german only) route guide magazine which I see has been distributed in some Swiss bike mags.

All in all a good year to be on a bike in Davos - can't wait for the snow to clear.

I have been working on a website that covers a lot of MTB and Hiking routes in Davos Klosters, shuold be online in two weeks or so, will update when it's up.
The following 2 users would like to thank Harriet and Patrick for this useful post: