Thread: Child Allowance
View Single Post
Old 21.06.2010, 08:53
kb92830 kb92830 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 137
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 56 Times in 41 Posts
kb92830 has made some interesting contributions
Re: Child Allowance


You will only get it if your HR applied for it. You should have sent them an application form for Kinderzulage, your childrens birth certificates, and a copy of the E411 (swiss version) with part A completed in duplicate. The HR department would them submit everything to the SVA in Geneva who then send the E411 to the child benefit office in the UK. Once the Child benefit office has stamped the document, and informed the swiss SVA what you or your partner (if appropriate) recieve if anything in the UK they would then authorise the payment of the differential here in Switzerland.

The rate of Payment in Zug is 300CHF per child up to the age of 16, after this if they are still in education the rate increases. Therefore if you are claiming anything in the UK you would get the diffrence between that sum and the 300CHF.

PS. You do not need to submit marriage certs, as it is not dependant on your civil status (this would only affect your tax rate).

Last edited by kb92830; 21.06.2010 at 09:07.
Reply With Quote