View Single Post
Old 22.07.2007, 06:59

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
MoreCowbell has no particular reputation at present
Moving to Zurich from California

Hello All,

My wife and I are going to be moving to Zürich form California (San Diego area) on August 9 (assuming that our visa/permit comes through). I've been frequenting this forum for at least three months and have found a great deal of wonderful information here that has definitely helped a lot, I am very grateful that this forum exists.

A little about myself. I am 25 years old and am coming to Zurich as a Ph.D. student at ETH. My wife is coming with me and will be deciding between working and continuing her education (I realize the difficulty in obtaining a work permit/finding a job, but she is very good with people and has already made some very good connections for both work and school).

I am a very active person who enjoys almost any sport, however my true love is soccer (err, football) and my first order of business is to find a club to compete with. I thoroughly enjoy traveling and experiencing new cultures. I enjoy a good (I emphasize) beer, good music, and of course good company.

I am extremely excited about our almost certain impending move and look forward to meeting many wonderful individuals in Zurich, both Swiss and Expat.

Cheers,
Sean