View Single Post
Old 06.07.2010, 12:54
vvv vvv is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baden
Posts: 183
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
vvv has no particular reputation at present
Re: Family name changing affect work permit B?

View Post
If you live in Baden, I would first go to the Gemeindehouse (Commune) in Baden, take the documents you have and see what is acceptable. You may want to wait until your B permit is renewed so you don't pay a fee twice. Changes cost here too.

If you recall, the initial documentation you presented was your passport. Do you have a new passport in your married name? Are you keeping your maiden name and adding your married name?

To change your name elsewhere (bank etc) you will need to have an official document showing your new name.

You may have to contact the Kanton regarding a name change.

Thanks a lot
I actually just renewed my B permit in Jan. of this year, can I wait till the end of this year? As this maritial status affects tax as well.

I am thinking of changing the passport, and I am going to keep my maiden mame and just adding my married name. Or can I keep my passport? I am 50% travelling.
Reply With Quote