View Single Post
Old 08.07.2010, 22:45
developer developer is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In Switzerland soon :)
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
developer has no particular reputation at present
Can I get B permit - running online business, student wife with B visa

What are my chances to get B permit, here's my situation:
- my wife has a B permit, she is studying in Switzerland. I have read that if a person is working in Switzerland with permit B he's/she's spouse can also get permit B, but in our case my wife is a student, although she has 6 months of paid practice (~2000chf monthly)
- we have a little child
- I am a web developer with income ~3000 CHF monthly, since my job is not dependent on the place where I live I can transfer it to Switzerland
- we are both from Croatia - Croatia is not a part of EU put it will get accept this or next year and lots of the chapters in the negotiation process have been closed, including the chapter about Freedom of movement of workers, so I don't know whether Switzerland recognizes that. In one phone conversation with a person from tax office in Zürich he told my wife that "Croatia is in the EU", so maybe they are already looking at it as an EU country. Or he was just mistaken But I am guessing it will be much easier for me to get permit if they are looking at me like an EU citizen.
- I will be getting Masters degree in electronics engineering in September (Radiocommunications, acoustics)
- I don't speak German

And if I get a permit on account of my independent work can I still look for a new job and have web developing as an extra income?
Reply With Quote