View Single Post
Old 10.07.2010, 20:22

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Clarejane has a reputation beyond reputeClarejane has a reputation beyond reputeClarejane has a reputation beyond reputeClarejane has a reputation beyond reputeClarejane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: organizing a move on your own - what was your timeline like?

I am currently in the process of moving at the moment myself and am actually finding it quite liberating............so far. I hit the bootsale tomorrow with my dad's pasting table which will be filled with my lifes long collection of utter rubbish lol.

So for me.........I left work on 30th June and begun the process of clearing out the rubbish. The removal firm were booked and are due to collect on 30th July. The stuff I am bringing is fairly minimal. Bunk beds for the kids, reclining leather sofas that I love and can sleep on quite comfortably, when the other half snores too loudly, and I move rather than put a pillow over his head! Basic kitchen stuff.

Our last flight out of blighty is 7th August and the dog is booked in to follow us shortly after, having his last jab on Tuesday. I found lurking on here and taking in alot of very useful information helped and I am really only taking this month to sort everything out. So far so good! I contacted a school direct quite cheekily and they have been most helpful and my son starts school at the beginning of the new term. So all in all......... a little while here gleaning helpful tips and some feelers put out a couple of months ago for quotes etc.

Of course had 1 bonus that we already had out apartment and other half has been there for a little while.

Good luck, hope all goes well for you.