View Single Post
Old 24.08.2006, 16:09

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
nymong has made some interesting contributions
Re: Damage deposits on moving out

My husband and I recently moved out. Well, we did the cleaning ourselves though really tough but it helped to be ripped off by those cleaning companies .

We have had some bad experience with the landlord who is anti-German..don't know why (especially when he is a retired Swiss army) and my husband is half german

So, we signed up with the rental association and made an appointment with a represenative from the association to help with the handover. The rental association will give you a list of contacts (usually they are either architects or legal assistant) whom you can make appointement with. So, we had a lady architect that popped by and she was quite helpful.

All in we paid less than 400chf including registration. It was worth it because the landlord was pretty aggressive (verbally) and we needed to feel "safe" and not being ripped off in the end. The landlord did not expect us to bring along a professional so that helped to shut him up. Of course, we also have been taking good care of the place.

In the end, we got all of our deposit.

Well, good luck with your moving out.