View Single Post
Old 30.07.2007, 20:30
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
gregv has a reputation beyond reputegregv has a reputation beyond reputegregv has a reputation beyond reputegregv has a reputation beyond reputegregv has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Boat Captain's Licence

I'm wondering what I'll have to do. I had a Red Cross sailing card from years ago. It really wasn't much use. Later I joined the student yacht club at the University of Washington and had to do all of their exams.

I've still got my ratings card from them, but that probably wouldn't be of any use. However, it's as close as you can get to having a boating license from the US. All you need to sail a boat in the states is a boat. No age limit either. I remember a friend's son skippering his first 70ft yacht at the age of four. :-)

BTW, if anyone is looking for someone to crew in the greater Zurich area, I'd certainly enjoy getting back out on the water. I've done mostly dinghy/hobie cat sailing and still have both a wetsuit and a drysuit, but I'd also be interested in keelboats as well. I noticed a crewing website in German, but it wants you to post your email addy publicly.