View Single Post
Old 22.07.2010, 18:33
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yet again the Met get away with murder.

Quote:
View Post
Oh please, that day the police were under a lot of strain and suffered enough of the attacks you mentioned during that period. Certainly the video's shown depict the rozzers in the worst possible light, but that sells news print. Police are human and can make mistakes or act in a way that in hind sight and from the comfort of an arm chair can be singled out as terrible.

I don't believe that the police should be immediately subject to the same process as civilians. In the broader context, if during riots or disturbances the police cannot act (mostly well within reason) for fear of prosecution, they will do nothing (bystanders refusing to give 1st aid syndrome), then when the sh1t hits the fan they be accused of standing by and doing nothing.... so either way they are damned.

Should the cop face an internal disciplinary panel certainly, and be punished accordingly. If he'd have laid into the guy, criminal action definately, but he pushed the guy to move him along, from which the poor guy died. So tragic, but not murder.
As I corrected myself earlier on, Murder was a play on words. Clearly , as a man died as a result of unwarranted Police action, the lesser crime of Manslaughter is easier and safer to apply.

The police are subject to the same laws and rules as us, i.e. we all have to act within the law. Have a good look at that area and time in the video, people are smiling , laughing and bantering. The police were standing by looking calm and having no need to act. Note the lack of riot shields and riot Police. There were no riots there.