View Single Post
Old 22.07.2010, 18:35
economisto

Re: Yet again the Met get away with murder.

Quote:
View Post
Oh please, that day the police were under a lot of strain and suffered enough of the attacks you mentioned during that period. Certainly the video's shown depict the rozzers in the worst possible light, but that sells news print. Police are human and can make mistakes or act in a way that in hind sight and from the comfort of an arm chair can be singled out as terrible.

I don't believe that the police should be immediately subject to the same process as civilians. In the broader context, if during riots or disturbances the police cannot act (mostly well within reason) for fear of prosecution, they will do nothing (bystanders refusing to give 1st aid syndrome), then when the sh1t hits the fan they be accused of standing by and doing nothing.... so either way they are damned.

Should the cop face an internal disciplinary panel certainly, and be punished accordingly. If he'd have laid into the guy, criminal action definately, but he pushed the guy to move him along, from which the poor guy died. So tragic, but not murder.
Certainly not murder, you're right. We all do things in the heat of the moment. Maybe you loose it and hit someone. Maybe he's an epileptic and you didn't know and he has a fit and dies. You're going to jail. It's terrible for you too, but thats the way it goes.

Quote:
View Post
You do not have the right to keep walking if the cop tells you not to. Thats the way it is even in England and because of crap like this Police doesnt get respect anymore.

I am saying if he was not part of it, he could have walked behind the line or whatever. The whole riot was a treat to the police and general public and he was considered to be part of it.
Oh god. Yes you do have the right to keep walking whatever the police say. Why on earth should police be given any more respect than anyone else? Walking in front of a line rather than behind it does not mean you forfeit your life. What's it like to see the world in such simplistic terms? I hope you never accidentally walk left when the sign says right. The world will surely end.