View Single Post
Old 22.07.2010, 20:04

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chicago has earned the respect of manyChicago has earned the respect of manyChicago has earned the respect of many
Re: Yet again the Met get away with manslaughter [was murder]

Seems a bit naive to me to consider this man who unfortunately died as an innocent victim.

Remember that this took place during a G-20 demonstration in London with 35,000 demonstrators.

Assuming that he was of average or above intelligence, he chose to walk slowly, hands in pockets almost in a “whistle while you walk down a quiet lane” posture. The nonsense of it is that he was walking in between two moving walls of people; one wall of riot police in bright yellow vests telling people to clear the street with barking dogs; second, a wall of photographers ready to capture the anticipated confrontation. He was more gently pushed to the side once, and then chose to walk back towards the center of the police again.

He was either provocative or stumbling blind drunk. Maybe a few too many pints caused the damaged liver and hemorrhaging stomach for which the autopsy indicated that he died. A shove in the back does not result in deadly organ failure. That takes years of unhealthy living. Although the shove was harder than perhaps necessary, there was no reason to think that it would have caused the death of an otherwise healthy adult. Simply moving out of the way when asked and protesting in the designated area would have prevented the entire incident.

I’m sorry for his family’s loss. I also expect the police to keep demonstrators from damaging things and/or hurting visiting diplomats.
The following 2 users would like to thank Chicago for this useful post: