View Single Post
Old 29.07.2010, 13:18

Groaned at 116 Times in 58 Posts
JonnyLaRock! has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyLaRock! has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyLaRock! has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyLaRock! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
That's interesting, 'cos there is evidence of the benefits of having Jonny chopped:
  • 10- to 20-fold protective benefit of newborn circumcision against severe urinary tract infections (UTIs) in the first year of life
  • preventing transmission of HIV
  • prevention of infant balanoposthitis and phimosis
  • prevention of HIV acquisition
  • reduction of penile cancer incidcen
  • reduction of penile dermatoses
  • chlamydia infection is 3 times more common in female partners of uncircumcised men than in female partners of circumcised men
PEDIATRICS Vol. 118 No. 1 July 2006, pp. 385-387.

Now, I'm no fan of having the chop, but I accept that there are medically justified reasons for it. I therefore don't agree with your view that the medical consensus is that it is a bad thing, as there is evidence that it has benefits - see above.
I think a lot of this 'information' is badly researched 'prevention of HIV acquisition' 'prevention of HIV transmission', poppy-cock! I grant you there have been studies, but standard deviation of results and other factors render a definitive conclusion to your findings intellectually indefeasible. Plus your mixing up medical treatment of a condition, with arbitrary excision whether there is a condition or not.