View Single Post
Old 30.07.2010, 21:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 50 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circumcision: right or wrong?

Quote:
View Post
Just to bring this subject back on topic, rather than the probably 80-90% of chit chat, and banal responses that the moderators seem to leave, i'd be interested to know, from members of countries where it is performed, what sort of prevalence there is amongst the female population?

I read horror stories about it being performed in the UK on young teenage, by expats from certain countries, of whom there are probably a few here, and I'd be interested to hear their take on it. I don't know what possessed me, but I was in the company of some people from Cameroon this week and, whilst it is not common there, the consensus was that it was performed because the guys, did not trust the gals.
Is that still true in 2010?
Actually you've taken it rather off topic. The OP was about male circumcision and that's what we're still discussing, many many posts later.

I'm fairly sure that there's a thread on female genital mutilation elsewhere and it is a worthwhile and disturbing topic. If you were to ask the question, 'right or wrong' I don't think you'd find anyone here saying 'right' . . . again, a clue that this isn't the right thread for that discussion.