View Single Post
Old 30.07.2010, 23:01

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
v_some has no particular reputation at present
Chances of beeing accepted to ETH Zurich

Hello everyone!
I a Mechianical engineering student in Romania and next year,after I finish my studies and get my Bachelor's degree, I would like to follow a mechanical engineering master's program in ETH Zurich. I would like to know (if someone from the ETHZ was in a similar situation or knows something about this topic) could help me by answering a few questions;I would like to add that I am a good student (second of 150 students,with a avrage grade of 9.5 with 1 beeing the lowest grade and 10 beeing the highest, from the faculty of Mechanics in one of best if not best technical universities in Romania,I have done some research projects like "3D modelling and Finit Element Analysis ,of a Dacia 1310 combustion head for ,mechanical solicitations","Impact Test using FEM","Air flow analysis for Coaches, Trucks and methods for obtaining a better aerodynamics"(Final Paper...a still ongoing project),"Designing and building of a electro-mobil propulsed by 6 BOSCH drilling machines",etc...).So here we go:

1. What are the chances of beeing accepted at ETHZ?
2. What are the chances of obtaining a financial aid(scholarship)?
3. Are there mechanical engineering master programs tought in english?
I also speak an OK german but it would be difficult to learn the scientific subjects in german.
4. What's the avarage cost of accomodation for a studio flat in Zurich?
5. How are international students seen/treated by the swees?
6. Are there posibilities of studying for a P.hd in mechanical engineering after finishing the master degree?
Thank you for reading my post and I would be gratefull if you helped me.