View Single Post
Old 04.08.2010, 00:20
itaril's Avatar
itaril itaril is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Morges, VD
Posts: 27
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
itaril has no particular reputation at present
Re: sponsoring a parent or a family member

Hoping that this thread is still live, may I please ask for some advice given our situation as follows:

- Our child is now eight months old and I need to return to work soon, but we will likely not be able to secure a childcare place for another 12 to 18 months

- My husband's mother (both dual Canadian and British citizens) has offered to come help us look after her grandson for a longer period of time - for sake of discussion, let's say seven months


- Does she need a visa?

- If so, what kind would be appropriate? (e.g., visit, long visit D, family reunification? N.B. she doesn't intend to stay in Switzerland except to help us out with the kids until we can get childcare sorted properly)

- Does she need health insurance?

- If so, would she need to get Swiss health insurance for the duration of her seven-month stay, or just for the latter four months? (i.e., presuming that she had some other international health insurance to cover her for the first three months of her stay)

Thanks a lot in advance for any help on these topics!
Reply With Quote