View Single Post
Old 04.08.2010, 07:44
Posts: n/a
Re: sponsoring a parent or a family member

View Post
My husband's mother (both dual Canadian and British citizens) has offered to come help us look after her grandson for a longer period of time - for sake of discussion, let's say seven months


- Does she need a visa?
No, but she may need a residence permit.

View Post
- Does she need health insurance?
Yes but in the circumstances the E111 or whatever it is these days will be ok.

I think your question is actually "can my British mother stay in Switzerland longer than the 3 months normally allowed for tourism".

Go to your local town hall, explain the situation, and take it from there. I'd be very surprised if there was any issue with this extended stay as long as your accommodation is suitable for an extra person and you guarantee to fund her stay.
Reply With Quote