View Single Post
Old 04.08.2010, 14:34

Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
10:30 has a reputation beyond repute10:30 has a reputation beyond repute10:30 has a reputation beyond repute10:30 has a reputation beyond repute
Parking ticket head-shaker

Ok. So I got a parking ticket for leaving my bike in a spot not specifically designated as a motorcycle parking area. Ok. My bad. 40 Franks, grumble grumble (about 15 bikes park here daily) grumble grumble (I even asked two separate police officers if I could park here. "No problem," they said) grumble grumble.

I was also hit for 100 Franks for driving into a posted no-entry street for motor vehicles. But here's the thing: all the designated motorcycle parking spots were farther up in this street. So, um. I guess I was supposed to park in a white-outlined velo/moto spot at least 50 meters into the street without driving there?

BTW, this low-traffic street is close to the university and has yellow parking spots for cars as well as marked motorcycle parking.

The 40 Franks I could swallow, but I don't really think this extra 100 Franks is fair. I don't want to pay it.

I had the idea to write a letter explaining the confusing signage. Some have suggested instead that I write a letter claiming that I did not drive into the street, but pushed it as I was parked only about 4 meters into the street.

What do you think?