View Single Post
Old 04.08.2010, 14:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 303 Times in 259 Posts
Thanked 22,580 Times in 8,183 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Parking ticket head-shaker

Quote:
View Post
What do you think?
I am making my license here and my teacher said that motorcycle parking is a mess: In every other country I know, you are by default allowed to park a car unless there is a sign that prohibits it. In Switzerland it is the other way around: it is illegal to park anywhere which is not a designated parking space. So far so good for cars. But: It is of course illegal to park a motorcycle on a car parking space.

So in principle it is illegal to park it anywhere unless the handfull of designated, as in "painted", motorcycle parking spaces. Rule of thumb is: Make sure it is not on the street, but on a broad line of sidewalk, easily leaving plenty of space for strollers/wheelchairs and being far away from any potential fire access.

Still: If the traffic police has a PMS day, you have a fine. Accept it as some sort of tax... otherwise you just get annoyed on a monthly basis.
This user would like to thank Treverus for this useful post: