View Single Post
Old 20.08.2010, 01:06

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
MysteryMachine has no particular reputation at present
Re: Can't decide, either wife or I will be unemployed. What would you do?

Thanks, the plan would be that she moves right away, stays in temp housing looking for an apartment etc and when things are more settled on the Geneva end and we've found our apartment the dog and I would come over. So I would be a "trailing spouse" by a few months. She had a pretty good idea of the job since she worked there in Geneva for 4 months earlier this year and has been doing it remotely from here for a couple months after that. The "try it out for a while" is tough because if she doesn't stay for at least a year (might be 2 for some of the benefits) we have to pay back all the moving expenses, temporary housing, air tickets etc... ouch

Quote:
View Post
Hmmm, I guess anybody choosing SQL Server for a career path should let their partner make the next career move choice. Don't wanna screw up twice do ya ?

Port your career to Oracle. The world is your oyster.. There will be plenty of work here for you, the Visa will be the tricky part.
LOL I don't know how any company can afford programmers after paying for Oracle and the army of DBAs it takes just to keep it running optimally