View Single Post
Old 20.08.2010, 02:11
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can't decide, either wife or I will be unemployed. What would you do?

Quote:
View Post
Thanks, the plan would be that she moves right away, stays in temp housing looking for an apartment etc and when things are more settled on the Geneva end and we've found our apartment the dog and I would come over. So I would be a "trailing spouse" by a few months. She had a pretty good idea of the job since she worked there in Geneva for 4 months earlier this year and has been doing it remotely from here for a couple months after that. The "try it out for a while" is tough because if she doesn't stay for at least a year (might be 2 for some of the benefits) we have to pay back all the moving expenses, temporary housing, air tickets etc... ouchlly
Make sure that she applies for your family reunion permit as soon as she arrives as it will take around 4 to 8 weeks, this will make your life easier and will open doors for jobs, employers have so many restrictions now regarding work permits, so unless you have one, you hardly can get a job
The following 2 users would like to thank Mowvich for this useful post: