View Single Post
Old 20.08.2010, 13:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
summerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travelling Safely with a Dog in Your Car

Check out this thread:
Dogs in Cars

Lots of useful advice. I am not sure if there are strict laws but the dog must not be in a position where it hampers / will distract you from your driving. I interpret that as them needing to be securely harnessed.

Qualipet is where you should head. Ask for "ceinture de securite pour chiens" (in Lausanne I am assuming) http://www.qualipet.ch/content/onlin...index_ger.html

I have a similar car to yours and I invested in a harness (similar to the link above) and dog seat cover (the big Migros do sell them slight bit cheaper than Qualipet) to prevent too much fur on the seats. You cant see from this picture (taken from the front passenger seat) but he has a seatbelt harness and not too happy about it. That seat cover saves me hours of hoovering the car though.