View Single Post
Old 20.08.2010, 17:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 231 Times in 201 Posts
Thanked 11,374 Times in 6,206 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travelling Safely with a Dog in Your Car

Quote:
View Post
My instructor, who is also a policeman working with a police dog, clearly told me that there was no official regulation about transporting a dog in a car in CH?!?

Typical Switzerland; different answers from different people - even more complicated with different Kantons & the possibility of different rules in each Kanton.

My 2 dogs are small (less than 8 Kilos each) & sleep on the floor in front of the front passenger seat.
I have a couple of short lengths of dog lead around the door pull attached to their collars so they cannot run around in the car; installed since the time I got stopped by the Police & they both jumped on my knee & barked at the officer of the Law. Luckily he saw the funny side.

One important point is to ensure they are not somewhere where they would be crushed by an airbag in case of an accident.