View Single Post
Old 20.08.2010, 21:24
Forum Legend

Groaned at 150 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 6,641 Times in 3,149 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travelling Safely with a Dog in Your Car

Quote:
View Post

Similarly in a crate in the back of a Kombi, the dog can be thrown forwards quite a way (Maybe 20 cm ) before coming to a hard stop! I haven't seen a proper approved padded crate yet, maybe I need to design one, with straps that will clip into the seat belt buckles on the back seat, or the floor shackles in the Kombi.
I have an Opel Combo and I was using a large dog crate that I can attach with straps to the hooks. I have two foam dog beds inside the crate. Between the cargo section where the cage is and the back seat I have a mesh grate.

I bought a dog harness for the back seat, but my dog hated it so that was the end of the that. She loves to be in a bed in a car. It looks like the picture in the attachment. For the back seat I think this would be better than nothing if your only choice is the back seat in the case of a saloon car. Of course it is best to put something on the seats to protect them as well and a blanket so the dog is comfortable.
Attached Images