View Single Post
Old 20.08.2010, 21:32
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Fridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chances of beeing accepted to ETH Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Fridge, I have read all the requirements posted on the site. I was just wanted to find some info about the admission process from someone with some experience,someone who went through this. I am not so certain that having met the requirements I'll be accepted by the ETHZ thats why I want to know what competitors will I face(therefor the first question).

1. Depends on who/how many you're up against. Nobody but ETH can answer that, and if you ask them outside of admissions times, they should be happy to give you an answer for pre-requisites (I don't know for sure, but that's what I did with HSG). Aside from that, I believe the ETH uses a mentor type system, so you'll have to get one of the 30 professors to agree to take you on.
2. as an international, 0% in your first semester, and up to 25% after that once you've proved hardship and that you've exhausted all other sources... so, not easy. then there are the other programs that have already been mentioned. Keep in mind that as you won't have a permanent permit, you will be ineligible for most funding programs.
3. Extremely likely. English is usually the only language requirement for graduate programs.
4. according to ETH, CHF 634/month.
5. you'll be in the city, in a very international area - and as I'm sure you know, the sciences tend to be very international... who cares what the farmers think?
6. yes

Short of No. 5, and maybe 1, these were all found within a two minute maximum search of the ETH site.

I'm sorry, but if you want to attend one of the most highly regarded tech institutions and have them pay for it while you're at it, you've really got to step up your game.