View Single Post
Old 20.08.2010, 20:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 27 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 7,921 Times in 3,425 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travelling Safely with a Dog in Your Car

We bought a kombi (station wagon to me) figuring that a dog box would fit in the back. We were wrong!!! There is no standard dog box that fits in the back of an Alfa 159 wagon except for the verplast atlas 80. But my dog doesn't fit in the atlas 80. In the US we had sedans (saloons?) So... I have the champion seat belt and harness from the US and we use that, sometimes with the champion harness or with another harness. The Champion harness is really quite heavy, they say it can also be used for walking the dog, but that doesn't work for us. I have a large wedge -shaped foam pillow that I fit between the back of the front seat and the back seat to close up that space and lots of blankets. Nevertheless, my car is full of hair and dog treats.

Eventually we might have a dog box custom made, but we just haven't done it yet. The seat belt seems to work ok for lily.