View Single Post
Old 15.08.2007, 15:25
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Freelance translator seeking tax advice (Basel)

Quote:
View Post
We chose to live in Basel-Stadt to be near the centre of town and it is also close to my partner's work so moving is not an option. I think that my partner and I are officially cohabiting (he is referred to as my Lebenspartner on my Swiss permit). I believe that my next step is to get back in touch with the immigration authorities to make sure that I have the correct permit to register as a freelance...

Thank you for your advice.
Okay if you are officially cohabiting you need to check on a few things. For example if BS tax you individually or jointly. In your circumstance it could well be beneficial to be jointly taxed.

If you are EU then you have the right permit. If not then you do not unless your partner is Swiss.

With respect to moving not being an option. Why don't you get on a tram and travel to Obi (Dreispitz) that is in Münchenstein... not exactly far but BL and hence reduced taxes...