View Single Post
Old 07.09.2010, 13:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Consumer rights in Switzerland

IT is true that Switzerland does not have a general returns right and having owned a retail establishment I can say, that is not per se a bad thing.

Why should a business take back an item that has been bought and return the cash, sometimes if not always losing money on the transaction? If the customer is prepared to take a credit note or exchange then fine but a complete annulling of the transaction should generally not be allowed.

Of course if the item is faulty, then the customer, be it private person or business, has the right to return the item for replacement or repair or indeed to step out of the contract all together.

If the company is refusing to replace or accept a return of defective items you can point to the relevant legal text which probably starts with articles 197 to 210 OR and no AGB can annul these:-)

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for the information here. We have a problem returning an item that we bought and the owner of the store is telling us that we should not tell them about us going to our legal department because it's in their AGB that company customers doesnt have the right to return the goods purchased doesnt matter for what reason and only the private customers are allowed to. After telling them that asking our legal department is just to inform ourselves of what the laws are here - they offered other solutions and telling us their are kind to do that. The products they sold are defectives!

I find it so UNFAIR - the customer rights in switzerland. How can they put that (right to return goods are only for private customers) on their AGB - and that law in switzerland allows that exception. What is the difference between a company buying something and a private person buying something. And the posts here are right... in Switzerland it takes freaking long time to settle something, handle a complain, and the consumers are left to no choice but to stick to the bad goods they bought and pay for ENTSORGUNG... I can't believe that such a country would have such unfair rules or would have such a terrible system... i expect more from the high tax we're paying here...
This user would like to thank Richard for this useful post: