View Single Post
Old 24.01.2006, 20:53
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Consumer rights in Switzerland

Quote:
Hello Gav, I promised to send you the relevant paragraphs that apply to your case and here they are. They are articles 201, 205-207 and 210 of the Swiss Obligationsrecht. Apparently this is basic law and often contested by shops who almost always lose. These are the current articles from the fifth revision valid as of December 2005.

Thanks Richard, looks like I would have a good chance of ultimately winning any case.

However, since it could take months and I want the set working as quickly as possible, I've taken it to the service agents for a warranty repair. I asked the repair centre before I went and they said that 2 weeks is a normal turnaround time for repairs.

Of course, that doesn't mean that MY set is going to be ready in that time frame, but they seem competant enough people and it's been a couple of months already since the set showed the defect, I reckon I should give them a chance to fix it.

As for the w&*%3!s who wouldn't give me any service whatsoever on a defective-as-supplied set, I'm thinking of setting up a small website detailing my experience and to warn anyone who might be thinking of buying from them exactly what sort of 'service' they can expect should they receive faulty goods.

Could be a legal minefield though, so I'll need to tread carefully.

Gav