View Single Post
Old 13.09.2010, 21:21

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bub72 has no particular reputation at present
Leaving CH for a job while on RAV and coming back‏

Hello

Has someone been in the same situation and can advise or know for sure what I can expect?

I worked in Zurich for 18 months and then was made redundant. I received money from the RAV for 3 months before accepting a job outside Switzerland in my own country (EU).
3 months later, I am very disappointed with the new job which is not as good as what it was promised to me and I also realise that Switzerland is where I want to settle (sometime it is what it takes to know where you want to be). It is also pretty hard to look for a job from abroad as most of the time recruiters won't even look at your application + travelling for interviews...
I know that the RAV benefit runs for 2 years...as long as you live in the country.

Considering I left the country, my questions are:
-Can I come back to CH, register with the RAV again and receive the same amount of money as before I left ? Or the RAV is going to recalculate the daily allowance based on the money I am making in my current job ?
-As I will have to resign from my current job, how long do I need to wait before receiving again RAV money?

Hope it is clear and sorry if this has already been covered
Thanks for you help