View Single Post
Old 18.08.2007, 17:33
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garthia has no particular reputation at present
Re: Postdoc tax question

Hi muze7!

So, I am taxed at the source, and you don't have to fill any form. Every year in January you receive from your employer the certificate of salary for the tax declaration ("Lohnausweis für die Steuererklärung" or "Certificat de salaire pour la déclaration d'impôt"), and when you are taxed at the source it doesn't seem very useful, but it is! If you have a 3rd pillar account, your will also receive a certificate from the bank stating how much you invested in the 3rd pillar ("Bescheinigung über Vorsorgebeträge" or "Attestation concernant les cotisations de prévoyance").

You need this two papers and a very simple letter saying that you have saved X CHF in a 3rd pillar account and that you want money back from your taxes at the source. You give them the details of your bank account so that they can deposit the money, and you send the 3 papers to the Kantonales Steuersamt before March 31th. Then you will get the money a month later. The earlier you send all this, the fastest you get your money back.

For the ones in Zürich, the address of the Kantonales Steuersamt is:

Kantonales Steuersamt
Abteilung Quellensteuer
Postfach
8090 Zürich

For the ones that are in swiss german cantons, here is the letter I sent this year in german:

Rückerstattung Abzug von Quellensteuer

Sehr geerte Damen und Herren

Ich habe im Jahr 2006 den maximalen Betrag von 6'192,. CHF auf ein Vorsogekonto einbezahlt. Bitte finden Sie anbei die erforderlichen Unterlagen, um mir den entsprechenden Abzug von der Quellensteuer zurückzuerstatten.

Kontoverbindung:

Konto: Here put account number, bank name and bank address
SWIFT_BIC: XXXX
BC-Nummer: XXXX you get this numbers from your bank

Bei allfälligen Fragen stehe ich Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Besten Dank und mit freundlichen Grüssen,

XXXX

I hope this helps!!

Garthia
This user would like to thank Garthia for this useful post: