View Single Post
Old 24.01.2006, 21:03
The Architect

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
mark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Consumer rights in Switzerland

Gav, even though they are repairing the set, the law also allows you to demand compensation for your troubles. I know it is a hassle, and will cause you grief - just pointing out that there is a provision written into the law to compensate the consumer for the inconvience of having to return something.

As for feedback - you can fill in some feedback on toppreise.ch. What is the current rating of the supplier in question? You might already find that they have terrible marks for after sales service. Browsing through the ratings it is common to see that those that get the highest points for price often get the lowest points for after sales service! Often on toppreise I check these ratings and don't go for the lowest priced vendor if they have a poor rating.

I once made a mistake where I ordered something from a company in France (you'll see them listed on toppreise.ch quite often). After becoming frustrated about lack of communication and my stuff not arriving as promised (they pretended that it was in stock but it wasn't) I did some googling. I found a site in the UK that had something like 5,000 complaint emails against this company! If only I'd checked beforehand!!

Mark